Lamin-x film is used on a variety of cars and trucks on the road and on the race track. We are happy to have Ryan and Cory race their BMW 1M in the SCCA Solo and ProSolo programs, while showing off our Yellow Lamin-x film.
I asked Ryan a few questions about their racing, you can see the interview below:
- Lamin-x: “Tell us a little about yourself and your racing.”
- Ryan: “My brother Cory and I campaign the car together. This will be our third year competing at a National level with this car. We finished 10th and 11th first year out, then improved to 5th and 8th the second year. We intend to build on those gains again this year. We aren’t quite at the limit of car preparation per the rules, so there’s more to improve in the long run. Up until know we’ve been limited because we drive the car to and from events, some as far as 1200 miles, so conveniences like radio and AC have had to stay. We’ve approached the car in a methodical manner, proving out each modification as we go, which helped immensely considering we are the first to campaign this car in our class. So it was quite a learning experience for both of us!”
- Lamin-x: “How did you get into racing?”
- Ryan: “When I was younger, my parents took my brother and I to the mall on a Sunday and they happened to be running an autocross. We watched and instantly knew, we had to do that”
- Lamin-x: “Where does your love of cars come from?”
- Ryan: “Oddly, I don’t come from any background of car guys. When I was a toddler, I was just naturally interested in everything on the road.”
- Lamin-x: “First cars for many of us hold a lot of special memories, what was your first one? What one thing is most memorable about it?”
- Ryan: “A 1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16V. It was my first taste of how amazing a car can handle when done right.”
- Lamin-x: “Cost not being an issue, what one car would you love to own?”
- Ryan: “McLaren F1. Hands down.”
Thank you Ryan and Cory for helping us promote our headlight film! We are happy to have you as a part of our team!
If you want to share the look that their BMW 1M has, visit our site at lamin-x.com
-Your Lamin-x Team